Adorned with an inlay of blue abalone shell, this delicate songbird necklace features a piece of holly wood.
There are many myths and legends associated with the holly tree. Considered one of the most sacred trees by the druids in Ireland, the evergreen holly was the ruler of the dark winter months, while the oak was the ruler of the lighter summer months. holly was seen as having powerful magical properties.
This necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
My two passions in life are music (I am a musician as well as an instrument maker) and nature. To me, there is nothing sweeter than the sound of bird singing. As you can imagine this is one of my most personal and treasured pieces.
– Irish holly (with bark left on the side), with an inlay of abalone shell (Blue moon)
– Sanded to a smooth finish and oiled with a non-toxic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 32x 20mm / 1.25″ x 0.8″
– On 16″(40cm) or 18″ (45cm) silver plated snake chain
Your lovely songbird necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.