Encircled into a side groove with a sterling silver ring and adorned with abalone shell & silver inlays, this finely carved tree of life necklace features a piece of Irish elm.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm has often been associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
In Celtic mythology trees were perceived as a connection to the spirit world. Indeed, our ancestors held the belief that some trees were a portal between the material world and the underworld. They served as messengers between the two realms and conferred blessings on those who passed between them.
The “Tree Lady” is my own, personal interpretation of the Celtic tree of life. It symbolizes the unique life force that each of us possess and serves as a metaphor for Mother Nature.
This tree of life necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Irish elm inlaid with abalone shell and Sterling silver & sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– The carved piece is enclosed into a side groove with a sterling silver ring
– Pendant size: 35mm / 1.38 Inches long
– On 16″ (40cm) or 18″ (45cm) Sterling silver curb chain
Your lovely necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.