This ancient bog oak pendant is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
Another element that actively influences my work is the contrast between silver and wood. In this piece, I find the inherent attractiveness of the black color is greatly enhanced by its proximity to the silver part.
Bog-wood comes from ancient forests that once covered Ireland. Huge oaks and yew trees have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay by the acidic and anaerobic bog conditions, sometimes for hundreds or even thousands of years. The wood is usually stained by tannin dissolved in the acidic water (black for the oak and a lovely brown for the yew). Bog-wood represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, with further stages ultimately forming lignite and coal over a period of many millions of years.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the Oak tree was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods.
– 5000 year old native Irish Bog Oak, sanded to a glossy finish
– Beeswax finished to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 60 mm x 17 mm / 2.35″ x 0.65″
– On a black adjustable waxed cotton cord
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Celtic knot bead
– Perfect gift for a man/ woman you love
– Your Irish Bog Oak pendant will come presented on a lovely gift card with a Certificate of Authenticity
– I use International Express air mail with a tracking (unless otherwise requested).
I have a genuine love for my craft and take great pride in the creation of each individual piece. Even more so when it is a customized order. Please note that the grain and color of the wood may vary slightly from the pieces modeled in the photographs.
Thank you for choosing Fretmajic.