Adorned with a lovely Celtic silver bail, this intricate Celtic Mother knot necklace features a piece of walnut, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made harp.
To the ancient Celts, Walnut was considered a sacred tree that held many healing properties. Associated with living in the present and what we now call mindfulness, it also activates wisdom and clarity.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits.
The connection between a mother and her child is one of the most fundamental and spiritual relationships in one’s lifetime. The Mother and Child knot is the ideal expression of such love and appreciation.
As a mother and a daughter, this is one of my personal favourites…
This Celtic mother knot necklace is the perfect gift for any mothers/ daughters with Irish heritage or for any woman who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Walnut, sanded to a smooth finish
– Beeswax & organic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 50mm x 25mm / 2″ x 1″
– Perfect 5th Anniversary gift
– On 16″ or 18″ or 22″ Waxed brown nylon cord necklace with lobster clasp
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.