Adorned with a lovely Celtic silver bail, this unique Mother and child knot necklace features a piece of rosewood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar. Also, part of rosewood’s attractiveness is its durability and ability to stand the test of time and of course the beauty of its grain and color.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They were used to symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even to protect against evil spirits.
This particular Celtic knot, depicting a mother holding her child, symbolizes the deep and infinite love & bond between a mother and her children.
This intricate Celtic mother and child knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Rosewood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 40mm x 25mm / 1.57″ x 1″
– On 16″ (40cm) or 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) waxed brown nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free silver plated pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.