This Irish bog oak Triquetra necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
Bog oak comes from ancient forests that once covered Ireland. Huge oaks have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay by the acidic and anaerobic bog conditions, sometimes for hundreds or even thousands of years. The wood is usually stained black by tannin dissolved in the acidic water. Bog-wood represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, with further stages ultimately forming lignite and coal over a period of many millions of years.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the oak was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. The iconic Triquetra (or Trinity knot) has a myriad of symbolic interpretations. Pagans cherish it as a representation of the forces of Nature, earth, fire and water. On a more spiritual level it is seen to symbolize life, death and rebirth. It was latterly adapted by Christians to represent the three elements of the holy Trinity.
– 5000 year old native Irish bog oak, sanded to a smooth finish
– Organic oils & beeswax finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size : 35mm x 25mm / 1.38″ x 1″
– On 16″ (40cm), 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) black nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
This lovely Irish bog oak Triquetra necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with a tracking number.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.