Adorned with a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail, this intricate Celtic triquetra knot necklace features a piece of Irish elm wood recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made harp.
The ancient Irish built no temples. Instead, they treated nature as a temple. Sacred trees and groves were considered as sanctuaries and were often the location of celebrations.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm has often been associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties ( bringing light, love and wisdom) and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
The iconic triquetra (or trinity knot) has a myriad of symbolic interpretations. Pagans cherish it as a representation of the forces of Nature, earth, fire and water. On a more spiritual level it is seen to symbolize life, death and rebirth. It was latterly adapted by Christians to represent the three elements of the holy Trinity.
This unique Triquetra knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Irish Elm wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 35 mm / 1.38 Inches long
– On 16″ (40 cm), 18″ (45cm) or 20″ (50 cm) brown waxed nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
This lovely necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.