Adorned with a piece of mother of pearl inlaid into the wood (representing a full moon), this beautiful Tree-lady pendant features a piece of Irish bog oak.
Bog Oak comes from ancient forests that once covered Ireland. Huge oaks have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay by the acidic and anaerobic bog conditions, sometimes for hundreds or even thousands of years. The wood is usually stained black by tannin dissolved in the acidic water. Bog-wood represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, with further stages ultimately forming lignite and coal over a period of many millions of years. When bog-wood is dug out it is sometimes quite soft, but when it dries it becomes as hard as iron.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the Oak was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods.
In Celtic mythology trees were perceived as a connection to the spirit world. Indeed, our ancestors held the belief that some trees were a portal between the material world and the underworld. They served as messengers between the two realms and conferred blessings on those who passed between them.
The “Tree-lady” is my own, personal interpretation of the Celtic Tree of Life. It symbolizes the unique life force that each of us possess and serves as a metaphor for Mother Nature.
This very unique tree-lady necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– 5000 year old Irish bog oak with a piece of mother of pearl inlaid
– Sanded to a smooth finish and oiled with non-toxic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 32mm / 1.25″
– On 16″ (40 cm), 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) black waxed nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
This unique Celtic tree-lady necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.