Adorned with a delicate Celtic silver bail, this mother and child Celtic knot necklace features a piece of padauk rosewood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar. Also, part of rosewood’s attractiveness is its durability and ability to stand the test of time and of course the beauty of its grain and color.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. This particular knot, depicting a mother holding her child, symbolizes the deep and infinite love & bond between a mother and her children.
– Padauk rosewood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 40mm x 25mm / 1.57″ x 1″
– On 16″ (40cm) or 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) Waxed brown nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your mother and child Celtic knot necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.