Adorned with a pretty Celtic silver bail, this intricate trinity knot necklace features a piece of Irish oak.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the oak was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods. Druids and priestesses listened to the wind rustle through their leaves to hear prophetic messages. It is no surprise, then, that many Irish towns continue to bear the name of the mighty oak (Dair).
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. The iconic triquetra (or trinity knot) has a myriad of symbolic interpretations. Pagans cherish it as a representation of the forces of Nature, earth, fire and water. On a more spiritual level it is seen to symbolize life, death and rebirth. It was latterly adapted by Christians to represent the three elements of the holy Trinity.
This trinity knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Irish oak, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 30mm x 25mm / 1.2″ x 1″
– On 16″ (40 cm), 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) beige waxed nylon cord necklace with lobster clasp
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
This lovely necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.