This lovely elm wood Triquetra necklace will be made for you, or a loved one, in my studio in the West of Ireland.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm has often been associated with Mother and Earth goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. The iconic Triquetra (or trinity knot) has a myriad of symbolic interpretations. Pagans cherish it as a representation of the forces of Nature, earth, fire and water. On a more spiritual level it is seen to symbolize life, death and rebirth. It was latterly adapted by Christians to represent the three elements of the holy Trinity.
– Irish elm, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size : 30mm / 1.2 Inches long
– Necklace comes on a light brown waxed cotton adjustable cord
– With a metallic green Greek ceramic bead
– Metal free, allergy free necklace
Your lovely elm wood Triquetra necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.