Adorned with a detailed silver Celtic bail, this delicately carved Celtic cross pendant features a piece of walnut, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar. Also, part of walnut’s attractiveness is its durability and ability to stand the test of time and of course the beauty of its grain and color.
Widely used as christian symbol, the Celtic cross has a history stretching further back than Christianity. According to legend, the ringed cross was introduced by St Patrick when he was converting pagans to Christianity.
It has been said that St Patrick combined the Christian cross with the pagan sun to give the newly converted followers the idea of the importance of the cross by linking it with the symbolism of the life-giving properties of the sun. In the mid-19th century, a Celtic revival led to an increased use of the ringed cross in Ireland, and the Celtic Cross became not only a religious symbol but an emblem of Celtic identity.
This unique carved Celtic cross pendant is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Walnut, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 52 mm / 2 Inches long
– On 16″ (40 cm) or 18″(45 cm) or 20″ (50cm) brown nylon cord necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.