This lovely Celtic cross necklace features a piece of rosewood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar.
Widely used as christian symbol, the Celtic cross has a history stretching further back than Christianity. According to legend, the ringed cross was introduced by St Patrick when he was converting pagans to Christianity.
It has been said that St Patrick combined the Christian cross with the pagan sun to give the newly converted followers the idea of the importance of the cross by linking it with the symbolism of the life-giving properties of the sun. In the mid-19th century, a Celtic revival led to an increased use of the ringed cross in Ireland, and the Celtic Cross became not only a religious symbol but an emblem of Celtic identity.
This unique wooden cross necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Indian rosewood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Organic oil & beeswax finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 35mm / 1.38″ long
– On a black adjustable waxed cotton cord with a small silver plated spiral bead
– Your necklace will come presented on a lovely gift card
Your lovely Celtic cross necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.