Adorned with a lovely Celtic silver bail, this delicately carved Celtic cross necklace features an off-cut of rosewood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar. Also, part of rosewood’s attractiveness is its durability and ability to stand the test of time and of course the beauty of its grain and color.
Widely used as christian symbol, the Celtic cross has a history stretching further back than Christianity. The cross was originally a pagan sun or moon representation. Its 4 arms may also represent the 4 elements (earth, air, fire, water) or the four directions (north, south, east and west).
This Celtic cross necklace is a perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Rosewood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 42 mm / 1.65 Inches long
– On 16″ (40 cm) or 18″(45 cm) silver plated snake chain
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.