Encircled into a side groove with a sterling silver ring, this delicate dragonfly necklace features a piece of yew wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, the yew has long been associated with immortality & longevity. As a consequence, warriors and poets alike were often called after it. Indeed, Eoghan remains one of the more popular Irish names in modern Ireland. The Druids chose yew from which to make their wands, or staffs, and cherished it as having powerful magical properties.
Symbol of change, transformation, adaptability, and self-realization, dragonflies carry a lot of meaning. If one comes into your life and gets your attention, it may remind you to bring a bit more lightness and joy into your life.
This dragonfly necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Native Irish yew wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 35 mm long / 1.37 Inches
– On a 18 Inches (45cm) sterling silver curb chain
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by