Adorned with a piece of abalone shell inlaid, this intricate Celtic eternal knot necklace features a piece of chestnut, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made harp.
Celtic druids were reputed to make handles and staffs out of chestnut tree branches. They believed carrying such totems was an aid to one’s longevity, hence prolonging their lifespan. The buds of a chestnut tree are commonly used in Bach flower remedies.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits.
This unique Celtic eternal knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Irish chestnut with abalone shell inlaid, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 50 mm / 2 inches long
– On a adjustable beige waxed cotton cord necklace and a brown ceramic bead
– Perfect gift for him/ 5th wood anniversary
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.