Adorned with a lovely trinity Celtic silver bail, this intricate Irish harp necklace features an off-cut of elm wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made harp.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm is often associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
The Irish harp, (also called Celtic or Gaelic harp or Clarsach) has been the emblem of Ireland since medieval times. Wandering minstrels used to travel the country playing the harp, keeping Ireland’s legends alive.
This unique necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Native Irish Elm wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 32mm / 1 1/4″ long
– On 16″ (40 cm) or 18″ (45 cm) Silver plated snake chain
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your lovely Irish harp necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.