Adorned with a delicate Celtic silver bail, this dainty love knot Celtic pendant features a piece of Irish willow wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a necklace whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made harp.
The willow tree has a long history of symbolism rooted in spirituality and cultural traditions. There are references to the willow tree in Celtic tradition, among others. One of the most valuable traits of the willow tree is its flexibility. The willow tree is one of the few trees that is capable of bending in outrageous poses without snapping. This can be a powerful metaphor for those of us seeking recovery or a spiritual path. The message of the willow tree is to adjust with life, rather than fighting it, surrendering to the process. The image of the willow tree is our path to stability, hope, and healing.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. They were also seen to represent infinity and eternal life, their endless intertwining curves symbolizing eternal love.
This love knot Celtic pendant makes a beautiful 9th Anniversary gift, as willow is the traditional gift representing 9 years of marriage.
– Irish willow, sanded to a smooth finish
– Organic oil & beeswax finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size : 30 mm / 1.2″ long
– On 16″ (40cm), 18″ (45cm) or 20″ (50 cm) brown waxed nylon necklace
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
– Your love knot Celtic pendant will come presented on a lovely gift card, ready to give away
– I use International Express air mail with a tracking (unless otherwise requested)
I have a genuine love for my craft and take great pride in the creation of each individual piece. Even more so when it is a customized order. Please note that the grain and color of the wood may vary slightly from the pieces modeled in the photographs.
Thank you for choosing Fretmajic.