Adorned with mother of pearl & silver inlays, this fine carving of the Celtic Tree of Life necklace features a piece of yew wood. Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, the yew has long been associated with immortality & longevity. As a consequence, warriors and poets alike were often called after it. Indeed, Eoghan remains one of the more popular Irish names in modern Ireland. The Druids chose yew from which to make their wands, or staffs, and cherished it as having powerful magical properties.
In Celtic mythology and folklore, trees were a connection to the world of the spirits and the ancestors, belief that all mankind came from trees and were therefore regarded as magical beings. Living entities and doorways into other worlds, they were believed to carry messages to other realm and conferred blessings. The “Tree Lady” is my own, personal interpretation of the Celtic Tree of Life. It symbolizes the unique life force that each of us possess and serves as a metaphor for Mother Nature.
This unique Celtic Tree of Life necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Irish yew wood with abalone shell & sterling silver inlays
– Sanded to a smooth finish and oiled with non-toxic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 35mm / 1.38″ long
– On 16″ (40 cm), 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) silver plated snake chain
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail
Your Celtic necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.