This 5000 year old Irish bog oak triskelion necklace will be hand-carved for you, or a loved one, in my studio on the West of Ireland.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the oak was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods. Bog oak comes from ancient forests that once covered Ireland. Huge oaks have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay by the acidic and anaerobic bog conditions, sometimes for hundreds or even thousands of years. The wood is usually stained black by tannin dissolved in the acidic water. Bog-wood represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, with further stages ultimately forming lignite and coal over a period of many millions of years.
Found inscribed on megalithic tombs in Ireland, the triskelion (also named triskele or triple spiral) is the emblem of Ireland’s ancient culture. The motif consisting of three interlocking spirals is considered sacred and is said to symbolize the elemental forces of Nature (earth, fire and water). The symbol is also used to illustrate motion: personal growth, evolution, progress, and spiritual expansion.
– 5000 year old native Irish bog oak, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– The carved piece is enclosed into a side groove with a sterling silver ring
– Pendant size: 30 mm / 1.2 Inches long
– On 16″ (40cm) or 18″ (45cm) sterling silver chain
– Perfect gift for her/ Perfect Wood anniversary gift
Your unique Irish bog oak triskelion necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.