This delicately carved Celtic spiral necklace features one of my favorite wood, a piece of Irish yew wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, the yew has long been associated with immortality & longevity. As a consequence, warriors and poets alike were often called after it. Indeed, Eoghan remains one of the more popular Irish names in modern Ireland. The Druids chose yew from which to make their wands, or staffs, and cherished it as having powerful magical properties.
The 3 branch Spiral represents the triple goddess, three female figures, described as the maiden, the mother, and the crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle (maiden: innocent and pure — mother: compassionate and nurturing — crone: experienced and wise)
The oldest symbol in Celtic culture, the Spiral was also used to represent the sun and is, to this day a symbol honoring our connection with Nature.
This Celtic spiral necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Native Irish yew wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Oil finished with non-toxic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 30 mm long / 1.18 ” long
– On an adjustable beige waxed nylon necklace, with a brown ceramic bead
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.