This beautiful and unique hand-carved Celtic love knot pendant will be made for you, or a loved one, in my studio on the West of Ireland.
Bog Oak comes from ancient forests that once covered Ireland. Huge oaks have been buried in peat bogs and preserved from decay by the acidic and anaerobic bog conditions, sometimes for hundreds or even thousands of years. The wood is usually stained black by tannin dissolved in the acidic water. Bog-wood represents the early stages in the fossilization of wood, with further stages ultimately forming lignite and coal over a period of many millions of years.
Known as King of the forest for its strength and longevity, the Oak tree was sacred to the ancient Celts and is considered one of the three primary magical woods.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. They were used to symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even to protect against evil spirits. They were also seen to represent infinity and eternal life, their endless intertwining curves symbolizing eternal love.
– 5000 year old Irish bog oak, sanded to a smooth finish
– Beeswax & organic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size : 28 mm / 1.1 inches long
– On a black adjustable waxed cotton cord with a moss green ceramic bead
– Metal free/ allergy free necklace
This unique Celtic love knot pendant is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This unique addition to anybody’s jewellery will arrive to you ready for gift giving via International Express air mail, with tracking.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.