This beautiful and unique hand-carved Irish oak Celtic knot necklace will be made for you, or a loved one, in my studio on the West of Ireland.
In medieval Ireland, sacred trees and groves were considered as sanctuaries and were often the location of celebrations. The ancient Irish built no temples. Instead, they treated nature as a temple. Trees were the oldest living things and were looked upon as sources of great wisdom. Trees were held in such high regard in ancient Ireland that according to Brehon Law, unlawful felling of a “Chieftain Tree” carried the same sentence as the killing of a Human Chief! They featured heavily in Irish myths and legends, such was their importance that to this day 13,000 Irish towns have trees within their names!
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits.
This unique Celtic knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Native Irish oak, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size : 35mm / 1.38″ long
– Carved piece comes on a brown waxed cotton adjustable cord, adorned with a moss green ceramic bead.
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.