This intricate Celtic knot necklace features a piece of Irish holly. There are many myths and legends associated with the holly tree. Considered one of the most sacred trees by the druids in Ireland, the evergreen holly was the ruler of the dark winter months, while the oak was the ruler of the lighter summer months. Holly was seen as having powerful magical properties.
The Druids considered holly sacred and used it in particular at Christmas, for cattle were supposed to thrive if they looked at it on Christmas Day.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits.
This Celtic knot necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world.
– Irish holly, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 37mm / 1.5 Inches long
– Necklace comes on a beige waxed cotton adjustable cord
– Metal free, allergy free necklace
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.