Adorned with a small green wooden bead, this striking Celtic heart necklace features a piece of elm wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm has often been associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties ( bringing light, love and wisdom) and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. They were used to symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even to protect against evil spirits. They were also seen to represent infinity and eternal life.
This necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world
It also makes a beautiful 5 Year Anniversary gift, as wood is the traditional gift representing 5 years of marriage.
– Irish Elm, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 32mm x 28mm / 1.5″ x 1.2″
– On a black adjustable waxed cotton cord necklace and a small green wooden bead
– Your necklace will come presented on a lovely gift card
This unique Celtic heart necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.