Adorned with a dainty Celtic silver bail, this detailed triquetra necklace features a piece of elm wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, elm is often associated with Mother and Earth Goddesses. In rural Ireland the elm tree was said to possess magical properties and was considered to be the home of the fairies.
Celtic knots date back to the 3rd to 4th century B.C. Drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time, they represent infinity and eternal life. They symbolize faith, declare love & unity between people, and even protect against evil spirits. The iconic triquetra (or trinity knot) has a myriad of symbolic interpretations. Pagans cherish it as a representation of the forces of Nature, earth, fire and water. On a more spiritual level it is seen to symbolize life, death and rebirth. It was latterly adapted by Christians to represent the three elements of the holy Trinity.
This triquetra necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Irish elm, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size 37mm x 30mm / 1 1/2″ x 1.2″
– On 16″ or 18″ or 20″ waxed brown nylon cord necklace with lobster clasp
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.