Encircled into a side groove with a sterling silver ring, this hand carved songbird necklace features an off-cut of yew wood, recycled from musical instruments constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a piece of jewellery whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar or harp.
Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, the yew has long been associated with immortality & longevity. As a consequence, warriors and poets alike were often called after it. Indeed, Eoghan remains one of the more popular Irish names in modern Ireland. The Druids chose yew from which to make their wands, or staffs, and cherished it as having powerful magical properties.
My two passions in life are music (I am a musician as well as an instrument maker) and nature. To me, there is nothing sweeter than the sound of bird singing. As you can imagine this is one of my most personal and treasured pieces.
– Irish yew wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Oil finished with non-toxic oil to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– The carved piece is enclosed into a side groove with a sterling silver ring
– Pendant size: 32mm long / 1.25 Inches
– On 16″ (40cm), 18″ (45cm) or 22″ (55cm) brown waxed nylon necklace
This unique songbird necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.