Adorned with a discreet Celtic silver bail, this intricate Celtic spiral of life necklace features an off-cut of black ebony wood, recycled from the fingerboards of guitars constructed by a local luthier. As a musician myself, I take enormous satisfaction in creating a piece of jewellery whose inherent wood has previously featured in a beautiful hand-made guitar. Also, part of ebony’s attractiveness is its durability and ability to stand the test of time and of course the beauty of its grain and color.
The 3 branch spiral represents the triple goddess, three female figures, described as the maiden, the mother, and the crone, each of which symbolizes both a separate stage in the female life cycle (maiden: innocent and pure — mother: compassionate and nurturing — crone: experienced and wise)
The oldest symbol in Celtic culture, the spiral was also used to represent the sun and is, to this day a symbol honoring our connection with Nature.
This beautiful Celtic spiral of life necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Ebony wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– Pendant size: 50mm long / 2 Inches long
– On 18″ silver plated snake chain, also available in 16″ & 22″ long
– With a quality cast and lead free pewter Trinity Celtic bail attached
Your necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.