Encircled into a side groove with a sterling silver ring, this intricate Celtic triskele necklace features a piece of Irish yew wood. Considered one of the sacred trees in the Celtic world, the yew has long been associated with immortality & longevity. As a consequence, warriors and poets alike were often called after it. Indeed, Eoghan remains one of the more popular Irish names in modern Ireland. The Druids chose yew from which to make their wands, or staffs, and cherished it as having powerful magical properties.
Found inscribed on megalithic tombs in Ireland, the triskele (also named triskelion or triple spiral) is the emblem of Ireland’s ancient culture. The motif consisting of three interlocking spirals is considered sacred and is said to symbolize the elemental forces of Nature (earth, fire and water). The symbol is also used to illustrate motion: personal growth, evolution, progress, and spiritual expansion.
This Celtic triskele necklace is the perfect gift for anyone with Irish heritage or for someone who resonates with the Celtic myths and traditions of the natural world. This is a unique addition to anybody’s jewellery collection.
– Native Irish yew wood, sanded to a smooth finish
– Non-toxic oil finish to seal the wood & enhance its natural color
– The carved piece is enclosed into a side groove with a sterling silver ring
– Pendant size: 32mm / 1.25 ” long
– On 18″ (45cm) Sterling silver chain
Your lovely Celtic necklace will arrive to you ready for gift giving via registered air mail, delivered upon signature.
Your order will be shipped within 1-2 days of ordering.
Please, feel free to get in touch if you have any questions or requests.
* Note that exact size and shade of wood may vary from the photos on this website as each piece is unique and made by hand.